If you know a young man that is either going to be or already is attending college than you need to consider his safety while he is away from home and help him to be prepared for anything life decides to throw at him. Too many people are under the misconception that the only victims are women and this is not the truth.
Besides the basic safety talk about avoiding drugs and alcohol as well as driving with idiots, you need to be sure he is thinking about his personal safety while he is out and about.
Here are just a few of the best self defense products for male college students that he can use to increase his level of safety while away at college:
• Diversion Safe – He can use one in his car and one in his dorm room to help hide his valuables from theft. Diversion safes come in all types of everyday products that people will not give a second look. They are very inexpensive and quite effective in hiding your items in plain sight.
• Door Brace – This can be used to secure his dorm room door without the need to permanently install anything you just extend it and brace it up against the door. Best of all the Door Brace is portable so he can take it with him as he travels to help provide safety in hotel rooms, apartments or any place he wants to make sure he can sleep without fear of attack.
• pepper spray – This is a great self defense device for both men and women. Even if he never needs to defend himself he made need to defend someone else and Pepper Spray can give him the edge he needs to do so safely.
• Expandable Baton – If you get the flashlight option he can keep it in his car to help with an emergency like a breakdown, an attempted car jacking or even a submerged vehicle. An Expandable Baton has many uses and for the price it is more than worth the money.
• Kubotan – This little device is very inexpensive as it is usually around five dollars. It can serve many purposes and does not really require any kind of training. A Kubotan is more of a use however you need it type of item since it can defend you from attack by using it as a stabbing device or flail. It too can be used in a car emergency kit as well since it can be used to break out a window if needed.
With the items on this list you can help to ensure your son has at least a fighting chance to defend himself or someone else should the need arise whether it be in his home or his vehicle.