Learning how to protect yourself from an aggressive dog could save your life one day since more people than necessary are killed by vicious dogs every year and the numbers don’t seem to be dropping. Depending on where you live there may be laws holding the owner criminally responsible for a dog attack but that does nothing for you or your family if you are maimed or killed during an attack.
Thankfully we have many different options for protecting ourselves and you just need to decide which one is the best fit for you.
• Super Dog Chaser – This item utilizes a 130 decibel ultrasonic high frequency sound and bright flashing LED lights to deter aggressive dogs from a distance of up to 40 feet. It is the most humane device on this list as the effects are immediately removed when you stop pressing the button. Even though there are no long-term side effects, it is highly effective. You generally won’t need to use this device more than once on the same dog. After the first time just the threat should be more than enough to send it heading the other way.
• Mace Muzzle Canine Repellent – This is basically dog pepper spray. It was specifically designed to work on canine animal breeds. Although the effects are not permanent it will cause great pain to the dog as their sense of smell is more keen than ours so the effects on the nose of the dog will be even worse that it is on a human nose. To counteract the effects the dog will need to have the affected areas flushed with water or the effects will fade in about 30 minutes if left untreated. Although not designed for use on humans it is quite effective and can be used to help protect you from a human attacker as well.
• Retractable Steel Baton – This item can serve a dual purpose as it will work to help protect you from both dogs and humans alike. The retractable steel baton is very effective and easy to carry on you as it comes with a holster so you can put it on your side. With a simple flip of the wrist you now have extended your reach by 16, 21 or even 26 inches depending on which length baton you decide to carry.
• Telescopic Stun Baton – This is yet another item that can be used on both dogs and humans quite effectively which can save you from having to buy two separate items. Just the loud sound of the baton extended with just the press of a button and then firing off electricity onto the air can be enough to protect you from an aggressive dog. Should the dog need more convincing just a quick touch with the Stun Baton will send quite a bit of electricity through your aggressor.
• Bear Repellent – If you are someone who likes to camp or hike in areas that may contain bears or other wildlife you may want to purchase a bear repellent pepper spray. This product is designed to work on a Grizzly and it is also quite effective on dogs and humans. This once again gives you protection from multiple types of possible attackers all in one handy device.
As you can see you have many options you can use to protect yourself so finding what fits your busy life should be much easier. No sane person wants to hurt an animal but when it comes down to them or you the choice is easy.